Required: BG - Base Game+
This is a mod containing multiple tuning files. Although I believe EP01 – Get to Work may required for any sicknesses to show up properly, the mod should still function without this expansion.
What this Mod Does:
The following is included in the download file:
- [MOD] Shared Object Tunings
- New Plant Files
- Override Plant Files
- Foraging Plants – New Files – adds some plants to the game that cost 0 simoleons that you can forage from. Their names start with ‘Forage-able…’ These are good for people wanting play survival or history challenges and includes base game objects only.
- Foraging Plants – Overrides Files – this overrides a bunch of plants in-game so that you can forage from them; you’ll find options for other expansion/game packs as well as base game. I’ll be adding more in the future.
- Rock Files – you’ll need to download my objects HERE for foraging rocks. I’ll be adding more in the future.
Please read the ‘How it Works’ tab for more details!
- Sims can only forage during the day.
- There is now an option to ‘Forage for Wood’; this will give you wood logs or wood twigs that you can use with some of my other mods
- In general, sims will find berries, roots, mushrooms, herbs, and insects. My custom harvestables are included.
- Sims will have a chance to get multiple items from several groups of item types (like berries, insects, and mushrooms)
- Each type of plant will have a unique group of items to forage for, an example of this is if a sim forages in grass they will have a chance to find roots, stink bugs, locusts, and certain herbs.
- Sims can fail at foraging and will find scraps or parts instead.
- Sims that have the Collectors, Love the Outdoors, Survivalists, and One with Nature traits have a higher chance of succeeding at foraging.
- Sims who have the Survivalist, One with Nature traits and have the witch perk Incredible Forager will get twice as many items when they succeed at foraging.
- Sims may not find anything while foraging. In this case they will get some scraps or an upgrade part.
- Sometimes sims will be unfortunate and be hurt/scared by something while foraging.
- Another less common result (which may require EP01) is that your sim may suffer from an affliction and get sick
- Some negative buffs will prevent your sim from foraging
- If your sim gets the ‘Feeling Lucky’ buff, they will have a better chance at being successful while foraging
These files have been overridden, I’ve also listed they type of plant it’s categorized as:
- American Beech – Tree
- Assorted Wildflowers – Flower
- Bulbous Bush – Bush
- Green Green Grass – Grass
- Hawthorne – Tree
- Japanese Beech – Tree
- Lovely Lavender Hedge – Flower
- Low Lying Pale Flowers – Shrub
- Mesquite Tree – Tree
- Not Grass Grass – Water Plants
- Oppsa Daisies – Flowers
- Red Red Shrub – Flowers
- Shaggiluscious Flowers – Flower
- Sunrose Bush – Flower
- Unkept Shrubbery Tall & Wide – Bush
- Upright Cherry Tree – Tree
- Wild Grass – Shrub
- EP04 Dogwood – Tree
- EP04 White Birch – Tree
- EP07 Bougainallea – Flower
- EP07 Breadfruit – Tree
- EP07 Naupaka – Shrub
- EP07 Plumeris – Flower
- EP07 Poinciana – Tree
- GP01 Dry Pine – Tree
- GP01 Forest Fern – Shrub
- GP01 Forest Flowers – Flowers
- GP01 Granite Falls Blossoms – Flowers
- GP01 Mighty Hawthorne – Tree
- GP01 Small Fern – Shrub
- GP06 Brazilwood – Tree
- GP06 – Ficus – Tree
- GP06 Grass CLump – Grass
- GP06 Jalapa – Shrub
- GP06 – SwissCheese – Shrub
- 20/03/21 – fixed string tables, added Raspberry
- 20/03/09 – fixed a few issues with tuning, added option to forage for wood
Ideally you should store this file with any other [MOD] files in a separate folder to so it’s easy to update in the future.